The following tutorial is for any iDevice new or old (iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch) running iOS 8 or above.
I never jailbreak any Apple product before so I was bit reluctant and curious to go through that path. After quickly Google tip and tricks for jailbreaking. I Jailbreak my iPad 2 running iOS 8 in less than 5 minutes. Honestly I was not expecting the process so easy and quick but the end result was sweet, Jailbroken iPad. Being a beginner in Jailbreaking world, I thought to write a quick tutorial for other beginners out there to save up their time.
Warning: Jailbreak at your own risk.There always the slight chance to brick your iDevice when you do jailbreak. Jailbreak voids your iDevice warranty.
Note: Video tutorial will be available soon.
- Backup your data via iTunes.
- Free up some space (at least 6GB) in your iDevice as Jailbreak takes up quite space during the process. I have to free up all space in my 16GB iPad 2 to increase jailbreak success rate.
- Switch your iDevice to airplane mode, and disable pass-code and “find my iPhone” functions in system setting.
- Download the latest version of Pangu Jailbreak for iOS 8 (Pangu8) from their website.
- Attach your iDevice to the computer.
- Run Pangu8. It will detect your iDevice.
- When you see your iDevice information click Start Jailbreak button.
- Pangu8 will show you the dialog to ask you to check the pre-jailbreak status of your iDevice. Go through all steps as your success rate of jailbreak might depends on it.
- Click Already Did button and Pangu8 will start jailbreaking your iDevice.
- Follow on screen instructions on Pangu8 for the progress of your Jailbreak.
- During the Jailbreak process, your iDevice will automatically reboot.
- After reboot, Pangu8 will resume the jailbreaking process.
- Pangu will ask you to unlock your iDevice (if you have a pin) to finalize the process.
- Voila your iDevice is Jailbroken :). Quick, simple and easy under 5 minutes .